Pronounced: BLET-ing, noun

Notes: Another word I’ve never run across

Yesterday’s word

The word ambigram is “a word or phrase written in a manner that is reads the same (in some cases, a different word or phrase) when oriented in a different way (such as reflected or rotated).

First usage

Our word came into English in the 1980s

Background / Comments

You may be able to split our word apart into its components (but I don’t know how much that would help). It is made up of the Latin words ambi- (both) and -gram (something written). You can find images of ambigrams on the Internet.

Published by Richard

Christian, lover-of-knowledge, Texan, and other things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: