Pronounced: LUNG-ker, noun

Notes: Another word that I don’t recall

Yesterday’s word

The word dripple means “to flow in a small stream or to fall in drops”

First usage

This word came into English in the early 1800s

Background / Comments

This word is a blending of drip and dribble. I guess one would use this word to describe the water flow out of a hose after the water is turned off at the faucet… There is a small steam of water that continues to run after the water is turned off, and it breaks up into a stream of drops.

Published by Richard

Christian, lover-of-knowledge, Texan, and other things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: