Pronounced: droog, noun

Notes: You may know this word; I didn’t

Yesterday’s word

The word rugose means

  • full of wrinkles
  • having the veinlets sunken and the spaces between elevated
First usage

This word came into English in the late 1600s

Background / Comments

This word came into English from the Latin word rugosus (wrinkled), which comes from ruga (wrinkle). The word corrugate also comes from this Latin root and originally meant “to form or shape into wrinkles or folds”. Other forms of our word are rugulose (finely wrinkled), a scientific term, and rugosity (the state of being full of wrinkles).

Published by Richard

Christian, lover-of-knowledge, Texan, and other things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: